The Holcombe Diary
The Holcombe season starts on the 1st May each year and there are a wide range of activities scheduled throughout the year.
Hound Shows & Parades
During the summer months, the Holcombe hold it's own annual Puppy Show where all supporters are invited to join us for afternoon tea at the Kennels whilst the hounds are shown under the scrutiny of two judges from outside the Hunt.
This is followed by our best hounds being entered at the Great Yorkshire, Peterborough and Rydal Hound shows.
The Holcombe also parade hounds at local agricultural shows throughout the summer months
Pre-season Ridden Events
From early August, the Holcombe organise several pre-season events and rides that will give both horse and rider the opportunity get fit in preparation for the hunting season.
Please contact the secretary for dates & venues.
From the middle of September through to early March, the Holcombe organise Meets twice a week from the following locations. Please contact the secretary for dates.
- The Pack Horse @ Affetside BL8 3QW
- The Rose & Crown @ Edgeworth
- Beeston Manor @ Hoghton, PR5
- Boars Head @ Samlesbury, PR5 0RX
- Owd Betts @ Norden for Ashworth Valley OL12 7TY
- The Hapton Inn @ Hapton BB11 5QL
- Landlords Farm Eq. Centre @ Aspull, WN2 1QD
- The Balcarres Arms @ Haigh, WN2 1LB
- The Grey Mare on Haslingdon Grane Rd, BB1 2PG
- The Blue Anchor Inn, Bretherton, PR26 9AB
- The Smithy Inn, Much Hoole, PR4 4GB.
- The Highfield @ Croston PR26 9JB
- Leisure Lakes @ Mere Brow, PR4 6JX
- Crown Point Lay-by OL13 8RD
- The Deerplay Inn @ OL13 8RD
- The Cavendish Arms @ Brindle, PR6 8NG
- The Dressers @ Wheelton PR6 8HD
- Heskin Hall @ Heskin PR7 5PA
- Farmers Arms at Bispham Green, L40 3SL
- The Holden Arms @ Helmshore BB4 4PD
- Croft Top Eq. BB5 2DP
- Lough Clough WMC, BB4 8QX
- Jesters @ Loveclough, BB4 8BH
- The Royal Inn @ Tockholes BB3 0PA
- Brocklehead Caravan Park @ Waterside
- Rivington Barn @ Rivington BL6 7SB
- The White Crow @ Worthington WN1 2XL
- Jolly Crofters @ Horwich, BL6 6RE
The Holcombe hold numerous social activities throughout the year that are open to all-comers. These range from the fun 'Mud Rash Awards' though to our prestigious Hunt Ball. Please contact the Social Secretary, Jane Heal for more details.